Google+ launched in 2011. Although its initial response was lukewarm, over the last year it has gained a lot of momentum.
It has several interesting features like video chatting also known as Hangouts, Circle Shares, Communities, to name a few. Here are the top five reasons why we believe your brand should be on Google+:
- Better SEOs: Google will weigh your content higher in its search engine if you connect it via Google+, a process known as Authorship. It’s relatively easy to setup and we highly recommend doing so. So, posting your blog content on the network will result in increased exposure.
- Video Conferencing & Live Streaming: Hangouts are a great way to get up to 10 people together virtually and free to discuss ideas and generally meet visually. This allows for a more personal experience. Also, the Hangouts On Air (HOA) feature allows for streaming video via Google+ and YouTube. HOAs have made it extremely easy for companies of all sizes to hold seminars, meetings and webinars and to broadcast podcasts with ease.
- No character limit: There are no character limits like 140 characters on twitter. This allows discussions to flourish and for stronger relationships to grow with your consumers/readers.
- Integrated Services: For example: Google Local is now integrated with Google+. Having a listing in Google search is no longer separate; instead it’s integrated into the Google+ business pages. Therefore setting up a business page can’t be ignored.
- Google Loves Google+: Google is completely dedicated to Google+. This means that it will continue to add features and place more emphasis on the network to influence the company’s other products.
If you are still not convinced, checkout Jeff Bulla’s reasons here!